SPICED PEAR LIQUOR
DIY RECIPE OF THE MONTH
October's recipe is extra exciting to share, not only because we are showcasing our newly available Craft-Grade Pear Spirits, but because fall flavors like Clove and Cinnamon and ripe Pear happen to be an all-time, cozy-inducing favorite. We now have our Certified Organic Craft-Grade Pear in-house, and it was hard to choose what recipe to make with this fragrant, juicy, and delicious spirit.
Our Spiced Pear Liquor is a perfect addition to give you all the Autumn feels. As the evenings get darker a little earlier, you can brighten them up with this seasonal warming spiced liquor. It's a great addition to your baking recipes or to make delicious cocktails. A favorite libation of mine is adding a dash of this flavorful liquor to a dry apple cider and pouring it over ice.
You can experiment with different spice blends and quantities to make it perfectly yours. As with all our boozy Do-It-Yourself (DIY) recipes, always drink responsibly.
THIS MONTHS RECIPE: PEAR LIQUOR
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 6 ounces Craft-Grade Pear Alcohol
- 6 ounces Distilled Water
- 1 small Ginger Root, peeled and sliced
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 5 to 10 Cloves
- 2 Star Anise
- 4 All Spice Berries (whole)
- ½ cup raw or brown Sugar
- 16-ounce Pint Jar
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Add Distilled Water to Craft-Grade Pear Alcohol and agitate to dilute (this dilutes your 190-proof Pear to approx. 47.5% abv)
- Make Simple Syrup by slowly incorporating teaspoons of water into ½ cup Sugar in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring until clear. Let cool.
- Add Ginger, Cinnamon Sticks, All Spice Berries, Star Anise, and Cloves to your diluted Alcohol Mixture
- Add in cooled Simple Syrup
- Seal and shake well
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 48-72 hours to allow to extract (Taste test your liquor! Strain earlier, or leave in longer if more spiced-flavor is desired)
- Strain out Ginger and Spices
Keep your homemade Autumn Pear Liquor sealed and refrigerated, and most importantly: Enjoy!